Hello My Beauties,
The other day I went to Wallgreens ,Target & Cvs to buy some new makeup collection and I’m so impressed that so many drugstore brands that are actually bringing there game on , and that can be compared with some of the High-end makeup brands. Now I want to say that there are some products which are not from this year and I haven’t found any favorites for those products yet! So I had to use my all time favorite drugstore items. 🤗
- e.l.f Prep & Hydrate Balm : I loved this product because it is a clear water-based cooling formula stick which targets my dry patch & helps smooth, hydrate and prep skin for makeup application to achieve a dewy finish. Very moisturizing and honestly, so much better than a primer. It creates such a smooth canvas to work with and, it requires zero dry time. So makeup looks smooth,even and flawless. However, this primer is best for oily skin. I used it and loved it because its winter and my skin has been very dry lately.
- L’oreal Infallible Total Cover Foundation For Oily Skin : One of the most hiped product of this year is Loreal Infallible Total Cover Foundation which is hands-down will be one of my most used product, I know I can feel it. This product blends like butter instantly covers dark spot and blemishes. I have applied with a wet beauty blender. I also tried this with a brush but it didn’t blend like the beauty blender did in my case. It has a lightweight coverage but you can build up this product and it doesn’t feel cakey at all even when you double the product for full coverage. It is a new pro look of long-wear. It lasted me up to 10 hours without any touch up.
- Wet n Wild Photo Focus Concealer in Light : When I tried this concealer it feels like not much product comes with the applicator which I hate but I will say though that the texture reminds me a lot like KAT VON D Lock-it concealer cream. Just like thick and creamy but little lighter than the KVD’s Lock-it concealer.. It might be a dupe for that * who knows * 😊. As it is a thick concealer I thought it will not blend easily but it did…yaasss! It didn’t crease when applied with Translucent powder. I Baked my under-eye with NYC Translucent powder ( I didn’t find any new Translucent powder that caught my eyes this year so went with NYC).
- NYC Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder – Translucent : Heard good things about this product and had to give it a try for the price. SO glad I did because it works great for being a drugstore makeup product. It is a bit messy if you’re not careful but I don’t use the applicator that comes with it. I just used a damp beauty blender to bake my under-eye, It does an okay job under the eyes but very happy overall with how it sets the whole face. I used Laura Mercier setting powder later to bake it again!
- Wet n Wild Photo Focus Pressed Powder: This powder is so smooth of a consistency, I just loved it. It says it is a light-diffusing pigment and yes it does. It gives a veil of silky natural look. I also tested in a bare skin and it just works flawless finish. Some powders clogs in dry areas, especially in the winters, but it didn’t- I Loveddddd ittt! I have nothing to say bad about this product.
- Essence pure nude highlighter : This is my favorite natural highlighter from the drugstore. It doesn’t emphasize my pores or look powdery on my skin. For me this is the dupe for Estee Edit Flash Illuminator Fluid Powder in the color ‘HEAT’. If anything I prefer Essence pure nude than the Estee one, I know that is so crazy. They have the same intensity,same color and same wear time. I brought this one because of Kathleen lights and I loveee this! It Literally makes me glow from within and it has an incredible pigmentation for being a drugstore brand! This is now my go-to everyday highlighter and I 100% recommend it.
- Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer: Omg you guys, this bronzer smells like a tropical paradise. I love the smell of the beach, coconut, piña colada and I couldn’t say no to this one. This bronzer is so creamy, but yet a powder. It applies evenly with any type of brush that I have used. I reach for it over my Benefit Hoola bronzer. This bronzer also works as a great contour color and you can also use it to set any cream contour and it lasts all day long. It definitely lives up to the hype. My only gripe is that they need to come up with darker shades.
- e.l.f. Mad for Matte 2 Eyeshadow Palette: I haven’t tried elf eyeshadow before but the quality of this palette is die-for! It feels so soft,smooth and it has really nice pigmentation. This palette is perfect for achieving a beautifully bold or subtle everyday eye look. It has 10 matte eyeshadow shades. This is ideal for shading, highlighting, and defining the eyes. I used the satin matte shadows as a liner, on the lid, and in the crease of the eye for an expertly contoured and blended look . You can get a variety of beautiful looks from natural to glam with this. I highly recommend it. Pretty color combos and definitely use a primer. This is the perfect palette to travel with because it has all the shades, it is slim and light-weighted.
- L’Oreal Telescopic mascara : This mascara is my ride or die. It makes my lashes look long and full. I highly recommend this product. I use this mascara like everyday and maybe this is the only mascara I reach out every time. I prefer this one because of the wand, It has a brush with a flat side to lengthen lashes up to 60%, and a comb side to separate lashes with precision. It works best for my lower lash-line. It removes easily with Micellar water and it is fragrance-free. Whenever I wear lens I don’t feel any irritation and it doesn’t leave that black circle under the eyes.
- Wet N Wild Mega Last Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick: I found This liquid liptick so pigmented and you just need one application and you are good to go. It doesn’t transfer easily but I will say though that it does eventually come off with greasier foods. However, I wore this all day (8 hours) and it barely looked like it had smudged. There is a good range of colors available. One of the best liquid lipstick I came across after such a long time in the drugstore.
- Milani Make It Last Setting Spray: It says it Primes, sets and hydrates the skin with a Dewy finish and I totally agree with it. It Made my makeup sets so nicely, it took away the powdery look. It also says it is suppose to last 16 hours but I have to play with it few more times to see if it really lasts that long. A lot of setting spray from the drugstore just spray like crazy but this has a nice mist to it, even though the smell kind of threw me off, but i really like it. 🤗