Hello my beauties,
Today I’m going to share with you What I Ate In A Day. Obviously I don’t eat these everyday 😋 but its Just one specific day and I hope you guys will enjoy them making at home for yourselves and let me know if you want to see some more recipes in future.
Note: You can add or subtract any ingredients/products of your choice!
Now Let’s get started!
1. I start my day with water ( I try my best to drink 8-ounce glasses in a day) and a huge cup of freshly brewed coffee. I use almond milk or coconut milk in my coffee because recently for some reason I have been breaking-out when I use dairy. So giving a break to dairy for now.
2. After 1 hour I usually make my breakfast such as oats, smoothie and today I thought I will make Açaí Bowl and who doesn’t like Açaí bowl! They are a power house of anti-oxidants and very nutritious, so here is the recipe I usually use to make them. Normally, I don’t decorate them but since I had to take some cute pictures for the post so I thought I will decorate them, and honestly you will never get bored if your breakfast looks so instagram-able so I prefer decorating them more often! 🤗
If you are on the Açaí bowl bandwagon like me then below is a quick and easy recipe :-
•1 packet of Açaí :- (My my favorite brand is Tambor – their açaí products are wild harvested and non-GMO project verified.)
•1 ripped banana
•1 cup frozen fruits ( berries, mangoes, dates ,etc)
•3/4 cup of almond milk ( or your choice of milk)
•1 tbsp chia seeds ( topping )
•1 sliced banana ( topping)
•1/2 cup of granola ( topping )
•Sprinkles of coconut flakes ( topping )
•Blend Açaí , banana, almond milk and berries in high speed blender. Remember mixture should be very thick.
•Pour into bowl and top with banana, strawberries, granola, chia seeds and coconut flakes. ( or any other topping of your choice)
3. Veg- Stri Fry with Rice Noodles is an easy and delicious day meal with healthy ingredients and a 30 mins one pan recipe. You can also use meat but since there was no meat at my house so I thought of using Shiitake Mushrooms instead.
Ingredients: ( serves 4)
• 1 onion , 3 oz Shiitake Mushrooms, yellow bell pepper, 1 tbsp garlic and a handful of spinach.
• Chicken Broth
• ketchup, soy sauce
• Rice Noodles
• Spices – cayenne pepper, basil, tyme, parsley, salt and pepper
• Oil – Olive oil ( or any oil you prefer)
• Bring medium size pan of salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook them on medium heat as suggested in the packet , or until barely tender. Drain and stir in 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
• In a large wok or skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over high heat, add all the veggies and stir-fry for about 3 minutes.
• In a mixing bowl combine chicken stock, soy sauce and ketchup. And add this to the veggies and stir for another 3 mins.
• Add noddles to the skillet and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until everything is cooked through.
Right before serving drizzle some spinach and Grab a fork and enjoy! 😉
* I usually have some sort of Smoothie at this point of time (post workout) but since it’s Sunday we ressstt 😋 and had a cup of coffee today, actually I drink coffee all the time, whole day. 😷
4. For evening I always have some sort of protein bar. They’re the size of an average snack or a small meal and can fit into just about any diet plan. It is a dream for anyone with a sweet tooth.
5. For dinner I usually have some kind of Salad, Indian cuisine or go out to eat but today I was not feeling that hungry so I thought of making an easy recipe, so I ate Avocado and ham Toast with side of some Strawberries 🍓 ! It’s healthy, simple, and delicious and best of all, it’s super easy to make and ready in under 5 minutes. In fact, this recipe is so simply we can hardly call it a recipe but I had to share it with you guys because of how good it is!
This recipe is for simple avocado toast but the possibilities are endless. Sometimes I like to zest up the avocado toast and top it with tomatoes, bacon, beans, jalapeno, spinach, salmon, or pretty much anything else!
You can also eat this for breakfast.
• 1 Avocado 🥑
• 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
• half chopped tomatoe
• handful of Spinach
• juice of half lemon
• chopped becon
• smoked ham
• salt & pepper to taste
• Cheese 🧀 ( any kind )
• 2 slices of whole grain bread
• Side: Strawberries
To begin, simply toast your bread; You can use any kind of toast or sliced bread you have but I like to use crusty bread or whole grain toast. Next, smash an avocado in a small bowl with a fork. Add cilantro, lime, becon, tomato and salt + pepper then spread the mixture on the avocado. Add smoked ham, spinach and Sprinkle with cheese, pepper flakes and serve. Voila !